Friday, January 1, 2010

Here We Go Again!

I have been battling the same 20-30 pounds for the last 10-12 years and I'm sick of it!!! I have lost this weight before pre and post pregnancies, using commercial diet programs, you name it! And the frustrating thing is that I know I can do it, I just need to buckle down and do it!

Last year at this same time of year, my family (husband, parents, and sister) and I came up with the idea to do a Biggest Loser Competition where we would weigh in each week and share our percentages of weight loss with each other. The clincher was that our weigh-ins were on Monday mornings, which was extremely difficult! Last year I started out pretty strong, losing about 15 pounds from the time we started. However, I know there was a point where I just gave up, got busy with life, you know the rest!

I am hoping that by blogging my results and using the blog as a sort of journal will help keep me accountable!

The competition will run from tomorrow (1-02-10) through June. Tomorrow morning I will get on the scale, record my weight, and officially start my weight-loss journey. I probably won't start my routine (diet plan and exercise routine) until Monday. Then, our first weigh-in will be on Friday of next week. My family will share with each other through emails what our weight loss percentages are and we'll follow this same routine until the competition ends. One person will be declared the Biggest Loser, hopefully it's me!!! Wish me luck!

2 comments: