Friday, January 8, 2010

Success, but not the winner!

Alright, here are the results. Well, we're still waiting for my Mom to send hers in, but that's nothing new:) I know I didn't win this week's weigh-in, but I know I was only a tenth of a pound different than my sister, who may win, so that's not too bad! Let's just say the gals trumped the guys this week:) I've decided to post my actual pounds lost on this blog, it's way more fun than percentages! So, from last Saturday's initial weigh-in, I've lost 3.2 pounds!

I really like weighing in on Friday mornings instead of Mondays, its gives a little room to have fun on the weekends:) So, what I'm planning on doing is keeping everything up (eating right and exercising) over the weekends, but if we have something fun planned that we know will involve a little extra eating, I'll plan for it and allow myself a little wiggle room.

Things I did this week to encourage weight loss are as follows:
1) Got back to the gym (but not very much, I'm going again this morning, but only made it there on Weds. this week). I would like to get there 3 mornings a week (usually MWF) and do a 40-45 min. workout each time. I will supplement this with other exercise such as walking/jogging outside and DVD workouts at home.

2) Got super structured with my eating. I am a scheduler type of person and do much better when I actually schedule in eating. If it's not time to be eating, I'm not, and vice versa. Really helps with the grabbing something every time I feel the slightest hunger pain! Which is another thing I have to do in order to lost weight, I have to be able to recognize true hunger from just being bored or needing a quick energy boost.

3) One of my meals, either lunch or dinner, is a salad meal of some sort. Just a trick I've learned, but not followed too strict this week, is that if you eat your larger meal at lunch and then settle for a light/salad type of meal at dinner, you are guaranteed to lost weight. Going to bed with that slight hunger is also helpful (not as much fun, but helpful!). Trust me, don't give in to the late night eating! Drink a cup of tea or anything low calorie to get you through, and you'll be fine.

4) Another trick is don't wear your loosest clothes, particularly loose pants, when you're trying to lost weight. I have a range of 3 different sizes in my closet and what I like to do is have a "goal" pair of jeans always hanging there to remind me where I know I can get. I may have to do some shopping, though, as the jeans that are in my smallest size aren't particularly in style anymore! Yeah, it's been awhile!

That's all I have for this week, it will be interesting to see what this next week brings!

1 comment:

  1. Great job!!!
    I'm doing my weigh in on either Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't like Mondays either for the same reason. =)

    What kind of salads do you eat? I get so bored with salads that I stop eating them and fall back to my old routines.

    ReplyDelete