Friday, January 15, 2010

Stuck in the Middle:)

Well, it seems I'm not meant to win a weigh-in just yet! Kudos to my parents, though, for beating out the kids this week! I came in 3rd place this week, but at least I still lost a little:) This week's lost was only .8 pounds, but added to last week's number I've lost a total of 4 so far! So, averaging out to 2 pounds per week, I think that's what most doctors recommend, right? I guess I'm a little discouraged on not losing the weight faster, but I'm convinced I'm doing it the right way so that makes me feel better. My jeans are getting looser and that's great! I will be taking my measurements the 1st of each month to see if I'm losing inches.

This week I started Jillian's 30 Day Shred DVD and oh my goodness, I'd forgotten what it was like to be in so much pain just sitting down:) It's a great hurt, though, it's time to be waking up those muscles I'd forgotten I had! My plan is to do the DVD 3 times or so per week (in addition to cardio work at the gym) so I obviously won't be finishing it up in 30 days, but that's okay. I'll do "Level 1" 10 times and then move on to "Level 2" and so on. Already when I did it last night I could tell I was stronger than the first time. Thanks, friends, for recommending it!


4 comments:

  1. Johanna,
    Keep up the good work. I think many times it takes a while for women's bodies to "get it" when it comes to weight loss. The key will be to keep sticking to the plan and not get discouraged based on the comparsion with the others in your family. It would be nice for you to "win" but better yet, for you to feel better and look better and not win. :)

    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up Johanna I had a gain my first week. We can do this! Remember it's about being healthy, not necessarily losing the weight. That's just a perk. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a great job! Don't get discouraged. I am trying to be healthier, too. I have cut out sodas and bagels- both of which are a big deal to me. Plus, I have been exercising. Last week, I gained a pound. It didn't make sense to me. I was frustrated. But, I agree with Missy. Focus on the healthy part of the goal. The weight will fall off. Just focus how great it is to be taking steps to be more healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Girl! You haven't posted in a couple of weeks ~ how are things going?

    ReplyDelete